The Vibrant Mycotoxins test is a urine-based assay for 31 of the most common mycotoxins produced by molds to which humans are exposed. This test is measured on mass spectrometry, using Vibrant’s patent-pending proprietary technology, to produce the most accurate and clinically relevant assessment of difficult-to-detect toxins that can cause serious disease in humans. Vibrant is able to detect mycotoxins, small molecules, as small as 5 pcg, which greatly expands the number of available mycotoxins detected.

 

Individuals most at risk for mycotoxin exposure include those who live or work in older buildings, those who have known exposure to water-damaged buildings, and those with impaired immune responses or higher levels of oxidative stress.

 

Mycotoxins complicate human health in a number of ways and their presence in the human body can lead to a number of serious health concerns, including autoimmune disease and cancer.

There may be higher incidence of autoimmune or neurological symptoms in your patients with mycotoxin toxicity. Consider screening for Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, connective tissue disorders, celiac disease, and neurological autoimmunity along with mycotoxin testing.

 

Treatment of mycotoxin exposure should include a holistic approach to eradicate the mold from the individual, thorough and professional removal of mold from environmental sources, and continued testing to monitor reductions in mycotoxin levels post-intervention.

 

Due to the common co-occurrence of Lyme and mycotoxin exposure from depressed immunity in affected individuals, as well as symptom overlap between tickborne diseases and mycotoxins, consider running the Vibrant Tickborne Diseases panel along with the Vibrant Mycotoxins test.

 

Not Available in New York state
Only healthcare providers licensed in their state may order laboratory testing.

Mycotoxins

$400.00Price
  • Mycotoxin symptoms are often general or vague, and difficult to associate with a diagnosis or disease state, and, therefore, may be overlooked during clinical assessments.

    Symptoms of mycotoxin exposure include:

    • Fatigue and weakness
    • Chronic burning in the throat and nasal passages
    • Coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath
    • Loss of balance
    • Depression and/or anxiety
    • Skin rashes
    • Eye irritation or tearing of the eyes
    • Headache and/or light sensitivity
    • Hearing loss
    • Heightened sensitivity to chemicals and foods
    • Irregular heartbeat
    • Morning stiffness and/or joint pain
    • Muscle weakness
    • Sleep problems
    • Poor memory, difficulty finding words
    • Slower reaction time
    • Vision changes
    • Difficulty concentrating
    • Abdominal pain, diarrhea, and/or bloating
    • Unusual skin sensations, tingling, and numbness
    • Increased urinary frequency or increased thirst
    • Disorientation and/or dizziness
    • Static shocks or metallic taste in the mouth